Pizza ranks as the second most popular food in America according to the National Today…
Mother’s Day is right around the corner on Sunday, May 13. You love your mom and want her to feel extra special! However, you’re never sure what to get her for a present…
How about a homemade meal that screams “I Love You Mom”? Bake your mom a heart shaped pizza by following these simple steps to show her how much you care. Your mom will appreciate the extra effort and, even better, she might share a slice with you! This gift doubles as a present and chance to spend some much needed bonding time with your mom over a delicious meal.
- Make or purchase pizza dough and get out any cheeses, sauces, or toppings you want to add to your pizza.
- Knead the dough as instructed in packet or recipe.
- Use some creativity to create the heart shape.
- Roll the dough into a circle.
- Pinch the dough in one place to draw it down into a heart shape or cut the heart shape into the dough.
- Spread the sauce on the pizza.
- Add your mom’s favorite toppings.
- Place in an oven at a temperature suggested by the dough packet or recipe and keep an eye on it (you don’t want your Mother’s Day present to burn!).
- Remove from oven and serve with your mom’s favorite beverage!
For something extra, make your own pizza box card to go along with your edible masterpiece. Give it to your mom first and then unveil your heart shaped treat.
Is pizza not enough on Mother’s Day? Check out Fazio’s catering menu for a wide selection of delicious Italian cuisine!